Frequently asked questions about weddings in Florida
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about weddings in Florida and Events and More Inc.
Questions and Answers:
- Are there additional fees to the advertised wedding packages?
- Not included in the offer are gratuities for services and the Fed Ex shipping for Apostilles to Europe. Applicable taxes are shown on the invoice and included in the final price. Beach permit fees are not included in the package price and apply where applicable. There are no other additional fees.
- What is the tax rate?
- The tax rate is 7% and may vary depending on the city where the wedding takes place.
- Are your prices fixed upon booking?
- Yes, our prices are fixed at the time of reservation. Price differences can arise when additional services are added at a later time and changed in the meantime.
- May I deduct services included in packages that I will not need?
- Yes, all wedding packages may be customized and arranged with services you wish to include.
- Can you hold a wedding date without a confirmed booking?
- No, we can not hold a date without a deposit. We generally book only one wedding per day and have to have a confirmed booking to block a date. We can hold dates for up to one week without obligation but give no guarantees. Couples may reserve a date without choosing a wedding package. To hold a date we ask a deposit of $ 200.
Questions to documents:
- We wish to save shipping costs can you mail documents with regular mail?
- No, we only ship Apostilles and documents outside of the US via Fed Ex. The regular mail service is very unpredictable and documents can not be tracked. Therefore we are only shipping via Fed Ex to international locations.
- I have a mail service that is less expensive can I use my mailing service?
- Yes, but packaging, pick up and payment has to be initiated by you.
- We need our documents urgently can I get express filing for the Apostille?
- Yes, we can express file for the Apostille. But this is only possible if the license has been done through us. Please ask for prices.
- Is there a way to get the Apostille immediately?
- No except when you applied for it in person with a copy of the certified marriage record. This is only possible in Tallahassee, Florida
- What documents do we need to apply for a license?
- Please read our marriage license by mail information.
Questions to photography:
- How and when do I receive my photographs?
- All photos will be uploaded to our professional photography proof site. We will send you a link and password via email. Your prepaid photos can be downloaded in original jpg format directly over the site. Post processing time of your photos depends on the size, effort, and how many weddings we had that month. All photos will be manually checked and edited if necessary. We do not provide photos directly from the camera and professional editing takes time. In general, you can expect about 4 weeks processing time. Express processing is available in months with fewer jobs. Please ask us for information.
- How much experience does Babette have and what photography equipment is used?
- Babette has photographed over 700 weddings and has a lot of experience in photographing weddings. Babette photographs with Nikon gear and professional lenses. Her work speaks for itself. Please visit her photography website www.nautilusstudio.com
- How can I book a wedding with you?
- Once a package is decided on we will send you an invoice with payment instructions and our contract. We ask for a 50% deposit of the total amount of the booked wedding package. Remaining payments are due 30 days prior your wedding date.
- What payment options do you have?
- We take all major credit cards and Paypal as well as US money orders or cash.
- How many weddings do you have a year?
- Throughout the year we have approx. 80 weddings in Florida and occasionally other states and countries.
- Are there other services and decorations available not featured online.
- Yes, you will find many more services, decorations and ideas for your wedding in our online catalog.
- Can I get access to the catalog before booking a wedding?
- Although we would love to do this, access to the catalog will only be given to confirmed bookings . The catalog is designed to give couples further ideas and access to services that can be added to the already booked package.
- I have seen a service that is less expensive than in your catalog. Can I book a service myself?
- Yes, you can book services on your own behalf. But it is imperative that we know about this so no confusion arises the day of the wedding. Our hand selected service providers are not chosen by price but by performance, professionalism and years of experience. Therefore price differences may arise. We will not recommend services that we have not previously worked with.